Magee Homestead, Part of the Brush Creek Ranch Collection, Opens for Summer Season on May 24th
Magee Homestead, the adults-only, boutique wellness retreat that is part of Wyoming’s Brush Creek Ranch Collection – as well as part of the Relais & Châteaux Collection and a Forbes Travel Guide Five-Star hotel – will open for the 2019 summer season on Friday, May 24. This year, Magee Homestead will feature a unique lineup of curated wine and culinary events as well as new culinary experiences at The Farm at Brush Creek, opening in July, giving guests every opportunity to indulge their senses.
Sitting on 7,000 acres of historic Wyoming ranchlands in the high mountain desert, Magee Homestead embraces the art of living through curated experiences that provide the ultimate in romance, indulgence and relaxation. The nine individual cabins and private lodge feature contemporary rustic furnishings and décor as well as unmatched views of the surrounding landscape. The Homestead’s supreme privacy and all-inclusive experience is designed for adult individuals or couples and also offers a “Rent the Homestead” private buyout option for intimate weddings, vow renewals, corporate retreats and multi-generational family vacations for up to 27 guests.
“Our culinary events were enormously successful last year, and we have some really stellar winemakers and chefs joining us this summer that will appeal to both new and returning guests,” said Jeremy Belnap, proprietor of Magee Homestead.
2019 Special Events
This season’s unique vacation packages offer curated experiences paired with Magee Homestead’s luxury lodging, fine dining, and daily wellness and activity offerings…
- July 11 – 13: Jack Galante of Galante Vineyards in Carmel Valley, Calif., journeys to Magee Homestead with some of his most prized wines for a special weekend of wine and gastronomy pairings along with Magee Homestead Chef Ulfet.
- July 25 – 27: Magee Homestead will offer a personalized wine and photography experience with award-winning winemaker Jesse Katz from Sonoma’s Devil Proof Vineyards, including wine blending seminars, new and old world taste education and tasting as well as wine pairing dinners. Joining Jesse Katz will be professional photographer Andy Katz, who will lead a behind the scenes sunset photography seminar.
- August 15 – 17: This weekend with Alex Gambal is a unique opportunity to blend Burgundy wine with the Wyoming prairie. The weekend begins with a four-course wine pairing dinner executed by Chef Buchanio with courses paired with Alex Gambal wines including a 2013 Charmes-Chambertin Grand Cru, a 2013 Vougeot Clos du Village and a 2013 Chassagne-Montrachet. Day two will be filled with French cuisine and a tutored wine seminar by Gambal featuring an old White Burgundy from his personal cellar.
- August 22 – 25: Magee Homestead will welcome Napa’s Colgin Cellars for a weekend event that will take place at both Magee Homestead and The Farm at Brush Creek. Colgin COO and master sommelier Paul Roberts will introduce guests to Colgin on day one with subsequent days taking a deeper dive with tasting events and old world versus new world discussions and tastings. Paired wine dinners will occur each night at either Magee Lodge or The Farm.
- September 27 – 28: Join Magee Homestead for a Relaix & Châteaux Guest Chef Weekend with Chef Justin Cogley of L’Auberge Carmel’s Aubergine Restaurant, along with Magee Chef Ulfet for a weekend of culinary exploration in Wyoming.
Each specialty event is an enrichment program designed as an enhancement to the all-inclusive Magee Homestead experience. Standard pricing begins at $1,000 per person, per night based on double occupancy and is inclusive of all lodging; gourmet chef-prepared cuisine, premium beers, wines and spirits; extensive wellness programming including yoga, Pilates and meditation in a variety of settings; fitness programs include hiking and biking on over 50 miles of trails; and classic Western adventures including horseback riding, fly fishing, ranger tours, Gun Club and archery. Excludes spa treatments and elite a la carte experiences. A 23 percent Ranch fee (Inclusive of all gratuities and applicable taxes) will also apply.
Currently under construction and opening in July, The Farm at Brush Creek, located on the Brush Creek Ranch property just a few short miles from Magee Homestead, will provide nine fully immersive food, beverage and event experiences steeped in a “seed-to-table” philosophy, including a Cheyenne Club luxury dining restaurant, a distillery, a brewery, Brush Creek Cellar and Tasting Room, The Founders Vault, Medicine Bow Creamery, a bakery and event barn as well as an extensive greenhouse system. Magee guests will be able to do tours that provide an overview of all elements of The Farm or engage in half-day immersive, interactive experiences such as Farmer for a Day in the greenhouse, butchery experience, cheesemaking or wine blending seminar.
“In addition to the opening of The Farm at Brush Creek, which will provide numerous opportunities for hands-on experiences, Chef is unveiling a new menu that is sure to impress even the most experienced palates,” add Belnap.
The breakfast, lunch and dinner menus at Magee will feature favorites of years past like the warm grain bowl, homestead burger and braised ranch-raised wagyu shortrib, but is full of new highlights as well such as shaved vegetable salad, green chili elk stew, ranch-raised wagyu bone brother, English pea ravioli and house-made fettuccini Bolognese.
“We have an embarrassment of riches at Magee Homestead, with our own ranch-raised wagyu beef and an expanded greenhouse at The Farm – it allows us to be creative with the menu while showcasing a seed-to-table philosophy that discerning guests crave,” said Magee Homestead Executive Chef AJ Buchanio.
Click here for more information on Magee Homestead and the Brush Creek Ranch.
About Magee Homestead
The ultimate in sophisticated western luxury, the Magee Homestead prairie hideaway unfolds as a romantic and spellbinding escape for adult getaways or intimate groups of up to 27 guests. Guests enjoy bespoke, individual attention; the private Magee Homestead Lodge; a Grand Pavilion & Spa with outdoor pool and cabanas; refined and personal culinary experiences; revitalizing adventures including horseback riding, hiking and biking; and a richly appointed collection of nine historically restored cabins residences and cabin suites. This boutique all-inclusive retreat – a notable addition to the award-winning Brush Creek Ranch Collection, part of the Relais & Châteaux Collection and Forbes Travel Guide Five-Star hotel – is tucked in a tranquil, creek-side setting amidst the high mountain desert plains of Wyoming and offers guests an opportunity to take the reins of their own time, enjoying personally-designed experiences to rekindle a sense of immersive wellness and discovery. For more information click here or connect with us Instagram, Twitter or Facebook.