An Update From Our COO, Mike Williams
As I reflect on this unprecedented situation the world finds itself in, I have thought often of the pioneers who surged Westward more than 150 years ago – many of whom found hope for their families as they settled right here in the Platte River Valley. In many cases, they faced uncharted territory and unknown outcomes as they sought fortune or a better life.
It may have been a different time and a different goal, but the apprehension is just as real today in the world’s fight against COVID-19. As a father, grandfather and host to our Brush Creek family of guests, I feel the magnitude of our collective battle for the continued health and safety of family, friends and communities.
The True Spirit of the West kept the pioneers focused on their journey. It’s this same independent spirit that drives our passionate team of leaders and associates to serve our honored guests.
Getting Away Has a Whole New Meaning
While so much has changed in the world, the expansive beauty of Wyoming’s Platte River Valley hasn’t changed for centuries. At Brush Creek Ranch you can experience 30,000 acres of adventure, memories and as much solitude as you’d like.
As you might expect, we’ve made a few changes to keep guests and our team members safe. This includes altering our activities, transportation and dining to maintain proper social distancing and frequently sanitizing/disinfecting all high-touch areas and equipment after each use. In addition, all rooms and cabins will be completely stripped, cleaned and disinfected between guests, and soft décor will be limited to those items that can be laundered.
These are just a few of the additional precautions we are instituting.
We look forward to the opportunity to host you and your family at Brush Creek Ranch. If you have any questions about our operations or booking your next getaway, please contact our Concierge team.
COO, Brush Creek Ranch
UPDATED PROTOCOLS AND PROCEDURES AT BRUSH CREEK RANCH
You may have many questions as you prepare to travel again. We have compiled a list of some of the new protocols and procedures we are implementing in order to keep you and our team safe. If you have additional questions, please contact us by calling 307-327-5284.
General Property Guidelines
- Per guidance from the Wyoming Health Department, all guests and associates are required to wear masks in any public area.
- There will be frequent disinfecting of all public and team areas, as well as high-contact surfaces, with extra attention on areas such as door handles, faucet handles, etc.
- All personnel such as housekeeping, food servers, concierges, engineering and activity guides will wear masks and gloves as mandated by state/local entities.
- Arrivals/check-in will be staggered to retain appropriate social distancing measures.
- Disinfecting wipes will be available at the arrival desk for wiping down of credit cards and anything else exchanged between a guest and concierge.
- Departure folios will be shared electronically.
- Any cars handled by valet will be wiped down and disinfected after staff usage and fully cleaned prior to guest entering car for departure.
- All activities will be available but limited to smaller groups of guests to ensure appropriate social distancing during transportation and activities.
- Guests will be encouraged to select and sign up for activities in advance, either by phone or email. A member of our Concierge Team will contact you prior to your stay. Gathering areas for activities will be spread throughout the courtyard to allow for appropriate social distancing.
- All equipment used during activities will be cleaned/sanitized after every guest use and sharing of equipment will not be permitted.
- Guests exhibiting a fever or symptoms like a dry cough, difficulty breathing, and fatigue will not be able to participate in activities or public dining.
- Rooms will be completely stripped, cleaned and disinfected between guests and soft décor will be limited to those items that can be laundered.
- Rooms will be serviced once per day. Turndown service will not be conducted, unless requested by the guest. If service is not wanted, we are happy to deliver daily supplies.
- Guests will be provided the option to choose their level of housekeeping based on their comfort, including whether service is requested, and if so, what service time and services are preferred.
- Seating will be removed or rearranged in all dining areas in order to maintain at least six feet between tables.
- Specific seating times for all meals will be enforced to ensure adequate distancing can be accommodated.
- Spa employees will wear masks during treatments. Guests will have the option to wear masks throughout treatments and are asked to shower prior to receiving a massage treatment.
- Spa reservations will be limited to no more than six (6) guests at any time and appointments will be staggered to maintain social distancing in locker rooms and the reception area.
- The fitness center, steam and sauna will remain open, however capacity is limited to either two (2) guest for members of the same family, based on guidance from the Wyoming Health Department.
- Keeping your children safe and happy during your stay is our top priority.
- All Lil’ Wranglers areas and vehicles have been cleaned and sanitized and this process will be repeated daily for the duration of the season.
- Hand washing stations have been located in key locations and our counselors will make this a priority to ensure regular washing of hands.
- A reduced number of children-per-counselor ratio will be employed and keeping children of a specific family in a separate group will be practiced when possible or desired.
- Private Lil’ Wranglers sessions are available for an extra fee by booking in advance of your stay.
- All Team members will be vetted for fitness and health concerns before arriving on ranch.
- Staff housing density has been reduced 50-75% from historical norms and social distancing will be required in our associate housing complex.
- Our staff will be required to wear protective masks when within social distancing norms as well as required to wash their hands frequently.
- Our staff will receive daily temperature checks. Staff that show no symptoms of illness and pass their temperature check will be issued a daily wristband so that all of our guests know this associate has been screened.