- Date: March 7-10, 2024
Epicurean Retreat: Amuse-Bouche & Wine
BECOME AN EPICURE
Epicure – noun: a person who cultivates a refined taste, especially in food and wine; connoisseur.
Immerse yourself in a hands-on, all-inclusive, three-night epicurean retreat discovering the world of gourmet small bites paired with exceptional wines from one of the top 10 largest collections in the world. Let Chef Cada Fabian take you through our 20,000-square-foot greenhouse and select fresh-off-the-vine ingredients to use in hands-on cooking sessions. Roll up your sleeves as you roll out your dough during pasta making, sharpen your skills and your knives when you learn new kitchen techniques, and polish your plating during plate design and garnish sessions, ending with a dish showcase.
To reserve online, click ‘Book Now’ and ‘Check Availability.’ Next to the room of your choice, click ‘View Offers’ and select the Amuse and Wine retreat.
ALL-INCLUSIVE RETREAT ITINERARY
- Welcome reception and tour The Farm at Brush Creek with Chef Cada before dinner at the fine-dining restaurant, Cheyenne Club.
- Begin your day with fresh-pressed green juice and farm-roasted coffee.
- Tour The Farm’s Greenhouse as you learn about sustainable hydroponic gardening and taste test through fruits, plants, and even edible flowers.
- Experience your first hands-on cooking demo making pasta from scratch.
- Learn how to roll and shape the dough and create the perfect sauce to complete the dish.
- Indulge in a gourmet pasta lunch at the Chef’s demo counter with a flight of paired wines.
- Discover formulas used to create the best recipes.
- Put your learnings to use to achieve optimal balance and flavor profile in your dish.
- Use fresh Greenhouse ingredients to create and design a show plate within set parameters provided by Chef.
- Improve your knowledge and confidence in the kitchen with a hands-on session about knife skills and cutting technique.
- Learn about the art of garnishing your dishes and work with fresh vegetables to add the finishing touch to your showplate.
- Savor a gourmet charcuterie lunch with cheeses from the onsite farmstead goat creamery, ranch-raised Wagyu beef, and fresh Greenhouse fruits and vegetables.
- Pair your meal with a flight of selected wines to complement the flavors.
- Let the showcase begin! Guests will create an amuse-bouche to present to the group.
- The winning dish will be served in Cheyenne Club that evening during the restaurant’s dinner service.
- Guests will take home a professional photo their final plated dish and a recipe booklet.
- Celebrate your epicurean journey with a final farm-to-table dinner at the Cheyenne Club with paired wine and spirits.
- Enjoy a cozy breakfast by the grand fireplace and panoramic ranch views from the main lodge before departing.
Meet Chef Cada Fabian
Classically trained at Johnson & Wales University, my formal education culminated with a culinary immersion program in Lima, Peru at La Escuela de Chefs at the Universidad San Ignacio de Loyola. My passion for the wholesome, sustainable sector of the culinary industry exploded into reality as I began traveling the world, cooking in different countries, learning about the culture and community that food binds us all to.
I have designed menus and dietary alterations for restaurants as a freelance chef, instructed recreational cooking classes at Cook Street School of Culinary Arts, cooked for a range of clientele with specific dietary and culinary preferences, catered large events and traveled to Asia and Europe to establish culinary operations and meal service for Team USA Olympic Athletes.
Community, culture, and comfort are essential reasons we enjoy eating and what I bring to my clients whether preparing a small intimate dinner, slopeside breakfast, or a 7-course celebration.