- Date: January 25-28, 2024
Epicurean Retreat: Wagyu & Whiskey
BECOME AN EPICURE
Epicure – noun: a person who cultivates a refined taste, especially in food and wine; connoisseur.
Embark on a fully immersive and educational experience during an all-inclusive, two-day, three-night epicurean retreat surrounding the ultimate pairing of Wagyu & Whiskey. Elite experts of The Farm at Brush Creek will lead you through a robust itinerary learning about the history of 100% American Wagyu cattle and the art of art of raising, butchering, and preparing their magnificently marbled beef. Continue your journey through the distilling process of Wagyu’s perfect pair–whiskey. Spirit innovators and professional distillers at the award-winning Brush Creek Distillery will show you step-by-step how to distill, blend, ferment, barrel, and even bottle your own whiskey with plenty of tasting along the way!
To reserve online, click ‘Book Now’ and ‘Check Availability.’ Next to the room of your choice, click ‘View Offers’ and select the Wagyu & Whiskey Retreat to redeem.
ALL-INCLUSIVE RETREAT ITINERARY
- Welcome Reception at Brush Creek Distillery with a specialty Bourbon Cocktail and Bourbon Truffles followed by Dinner at The Farm’s fine-dining restaurant, Cheyenne Club.
- Begin your day enjoying freshly roasted, barrel-aged coffee with Ron Hawkins, our Ranch Manager and the very first hire at Brush Creek Ranch. Learn about cattle ranching, the history of Wagyu cattle, and how we built our herd of 100% American Wagyu.
- Roll up your sleeves at the Chef’s Counter to help butcher a hind quarter with the help of our experienced culinary team.
- Sit back and enjoy a Beef & Bourbon Paired Lunch, including a variety of Wagyu cuts and Wagyu bone broth French Onion Soup paired with Brush Creek Distillery Bourbon
- Head to the Distillery for an immersive afternoon beginning with a Spirits 101 Class to achieve your Stave & Thieve Society Certification. Learn the steps of distillation, fermentation, and barreling.
- Sign a barrel of new-make spirits ahead of its transport to our on-site Barrel Barn for 5 to 6 years of aging!
- Sharpen your butchering skills – starting with your knives. Learn about tools and techniques to master the art of butchering your own beef. Observe the exceptional marbling of Wagyu while learning about the unmatched flavor profiles, texture, and even health benefits.
- Indulge in a decadent lunch of Wagyu shank with creamy polenta paired with a Brush Creek Distillery cocktail.
- At the Distillery, you’ll have the unique opportunity to thieve mature whiskey directly from the barrel. Learn and taste through a series of uncut, unfiltered ryes and bourbons with our expert distillers, making notes of the differences and your preferences.
- Test your newfound knowledge during a hands-on blending experience, crafting a sample of your own finished product to take home.
- Take part in an interactive “Bottle Your Own” program, allowing you to select a featured whiskey, personally bottle the spirit, and create custom labels as a keepsake of the memorable Distillery experience.
- Celebrate your epicurean journey with a final farm-to-table dinner at the Cheyenne Club with paired spirits and wine.
- Enjoy a cozy breakfast by the grand fireplace and panoramic ranch views from the main lodge before departing.